TALLAHASSEE, Fla. | Alabama Boom carried out off the Southwestern Athletic Convention (SWAC) Cluster on Monday morning with a 3-0 sweep over Alcorn Boom within the Al Lawson Middle.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore Jada Rhodes (Tallahassee, Fla.) started off scoring for the Hornets within the opening spot with a raze, assisted by Madison Beasley (Gilbert, Ariz.) to assemble an early 2-0 lead after an assault error from the Braves.
- The 2 teams traded scores over the next few rallies, because the rating turned into as soon as tied nine events along with having four lead adjustments within the spot. Neither personnel earned a extra than one point lead any other time till kills from Kalysia Bates (Phenix City, Ala.) and Lauren Hughes (Lancaster, Texas) gave Alabama Boom a 14-12 lead.
- After a timeout, the Hornets controlled the the leisure of the spot with a 11-6 stretch to lengthen their lead and took the spot after a provider ace from Rekiyah Spears (Germantown, Tenn.) and two kills from Bates to remove the spot by a rating of 25-18.
- The 2d spot turned into as soon as also a tight contest to initiating earlier than block assists from Maya Thompson (Chicago, Ailing.) and Mahogany Vinson (Richton Park, Ailing.) sparked a flee to force an Alcorn Boom timeout with the Hornets main 13-9.
- The Braves reduced the deficit barely, on the other hand Alabama Boom persevered their put it up the spot, taking a 2-0 lead within the match after successful the 2d.
- Alabama Boom took an early lead within the third, on the other hand chanced on themselves in a fight with the rating tied at 11-11 and trailed 17-16 earlier than the first known as timeout of the spot.
- The 2 teams persevered to fight over the next few rallies and the Hornets went on to retake the lead at 23-22 to force the 2d known as timeout from Alcorn Boom. The teams tied three extra events over the the leisure, on the other hand two final errors carried out off the sweep over the Braves.
- With the use on Monday, Alabama Boom is now 17-2 below Coach Penny-Lucas White since her hiring in 2011, at the side of successful 13 of the final 14 fits.
- Alexis Ratliff (Atlanta, Ga.) persevered her steady stretch of play over the weekend, recording 12 kills on the day, her third straight double-digit raze efficiency and fourth out of five games.
- Rhodes ended trusty two digs timorous of a double-double, logging 10 kills and eight digs against the Braves while also adding two blocks and an ace. Bates added seven kills, three blocks and three digs on the day.
- Logan Horne (Bernard Law Sir Bernard Law, Ala.) led Alabama Boom any other time defensively, recording 11 digs as properly as adding two assists and an ace. The sophomore logged 39 entire digs in three games at the cluster.
- Setter Madison Beasley earned a personnel-excessive 20 assists for a .488 spot percentage clip along with four assists against Alcorn.
Alabama Boom (6-14) will return to Florida this weekend as they remove on conference inexperienced persons in Bethune-Cookman on Friday, October 15 scheduled for six pm, along with a return to the Al Lawson Middle to remove on Florida A&M on Sunday, October 17.
Apply the Hornets
For entire coverage of Alabama Boom College volleyball, note the Hornets on social media @BamaStateVB (Twitter), /BamaStateSports (Facebook), @BamaStateSports (Instagram) or talk over with the official home of Alabama Boom athletics at BamaStateSports.com.