TALLAHASSEE, Fla. | Alabama Disclose dropped a 3-1 possibility to Southern sooner than sweeping Prairie Inquire A&M to total the day on Sunday within the Al Lawson Middle.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The outlet location used to be a fight, with groups tying 12 events and seeing seven total lead changes at some stage within the body.
- After earning a itsy-bitsy outcome in commence, an error from the Hornets tied the score at 5-5 and the two groups stayed within some degree of 1 any other till two Jaguar aces to place them up 15-13.
- After a called timeout, a four-point swing gave Alabama Disclose a 17-15 lead and didn't breeze for the the relaxation of the location, winning by a score of 25-23.
- Southern started sturdy within the second, going up 3-1 early sooner than the Hornets recovered with a lope to dangle conclude a 7-5 attend.
- With the score tied at 9-9, the Jaguars scored twice to map a 16-14 lead, forcing a Hornet timeout.
- Alabama Disclose recovered out of the spoil, with a lope to tie the game at 21-21 concluded by a raze from Mahogany Vinson (Richton Park, Sick.) followed by an ace Logan Horne (Sir Bernard Law, Ala.) however, Southern went on to dangle conclude the location 25-22.
- The Hornets started the third with a 4-1 lead after McKenzie Boland (Stockbridge, Ga.) earned an ace to open play, whereas Alexis Ratliff (Atlanta, Ga.) added two kills followed by a Jaguar error.
- Southern battled attend with a lope, tying the ball game at ten sooner than taking a 13-11 outcome in force an Alabama Disclose timeout.
- The Jaguars continued to manipulate the momentum after the spoil, and at closing took the third by a score of 25-16.
- The fourth location started as a tight contest with neither gaining a more than one point lead till a lope from Alabama Disclose ending with a raze and block aid from Jada Rhodes (Tallahassee, Fla.) to head up 13-11.
- After a response from Southern to dangle conclude a 17-14 attend, the Hornets regained regulate on a lope to tie the ball game at 23-23, however fell within the fourth by a closing score of 28-26.
- Of their second game of the day, Alabama Disclose jumped out to an early lead sooner than a response by Prairie Inquire to force a Hornet timeout.
- Trailing 10-7 out of the spoil, the Hornets went on a lope sparked by six Panther errors to give Alabama Disclose the lead at 18-15.
- The lead alternate would point to to be the closing one in every of the location with Horne earning a service ace to finalize the score at 25-19.
- The Hornets dominated the second location after kills from Kalysia Bates (Phenix Metropolis, Ala.) and Rhodes started a 10-1 lope to open play.
- After a small lope from Southern, Alabama Disclose continued their sturdy play to dangle conclude a double-digit lead at 20-10 sooner than taking the location 25-13.
- Southern spoke back within the third, taking a 7-2 lead early to force the first Hornet timeout of the location.
- The Hornets diminished the hole to two parts out of the spoil and continued to fight attend and at closing took a 14-13 lead after consecutive kills from Ratliff assisted by Madison Beasley (Gilbert, Ariz.), the final lead alternate as Alabama Disclose took the location by a score of 25-19 to dangle conclude the match.
- Ratliff led the Hornets offensively in each and each video games on the day, logging 30 kills and two blocks on the day, whereas each and each Bates and Vinson added 19 kills over the two suits.
- Rhodes continued her balanced play, recording 15 kills and 24 digs on the day, including a team-high 15 dig, three block efficiency against Prairie Inquire.
- Horne led Alabama Disclose defensively, logging 28 digs along with adding seven assists and 4 aces, whereas Boland recorded 42 assists and 4 aces.
- Alabama Disclose extends their lead on the sequence over Prairie Inquire under Coach Penny Lucas-White to 18-4 since 2011.
Alabama Disclose (5-14) will create the SWAC Cluster on Monday with a match against Alcorn Disclose, scheduled for 11 am (EST), also within the Al Lawson Middle.
Word the Hornets
For total coverage of Alabama Disclose College volleyball, apply the Hornets on social media @BamaStateVB (Twitter), /BamaStateSports (Facebook), @BamaStateSports (Instagram) or talk over with the official dwelling of Alabama Disclose athletics at BamaStateSports.com.