ALABAMA – 9 superintendents statewide are in the running for Alabama’s Superintendent of the Year.
The College Superintendents of Alabama released the list of nine finalists Monday:
- Dr. Kenneth Varner, Brewton City
- Jason Burroughs, Lowndes County
- Dr. Trace Bazzell, Pike County
- Dr. Trace Neighbors, Opelika City
- Dr. Walter Gonsoulin, Jefferson County
- Dr. Suzanne Lacey, Talladega County
- Jamie Chapman, Pickens County
- Dr. Jimmy Shaw, Florence City
- Kevin Dukes, Jackson County
The teach winner, definite primarily based totally on their career achievements and success in advancing public education, shall be announced on the descend convention, slated for Oct. 11-13 on the Marriott Shoals in Florence.
The teach winner shall be honored with a Superintendent of the Year ring, a luncheon on January 11, 2022, throughout SSA’s Legislative Conference in Montgomery, and scoot expenses to the National Conference on Training in Nashville.
Every teach’s winner shall be identified and Alabama’s winner will receive a bronze medallion and plaque from AASA – The College Superintendent’s Affiliation.
The nationwide winner shall be announced throughout the nationwide convention, slated for Feb. 17-19, 2022.